Here's our story as it unfolds one day at a time.

Friday, April 29, 2011

An Easter Dress

I didn't go shopping for an Easter dress for Elee this year so last week I went rummaging through my material stash to see if there was anything I could use to make her something. I recently inherrited my grandma's sewing machine and along with it my grandpa gave me a box of her old fabric.

This is what I came up with from the box.

And this is what I managed to turn it into.

I obviously didn't get it pressed or washed but since we didn't end up getting to wear it Sunday it didn't really matter.

She's trying to get the point across that she doesn't feel like posing this day.
I didn't have a pattern so it's not perfect but I figgure it turned out pretty well since it actually fit her. I was pretty dissappointed that we didn't get to use it for her 'Easter' dress but we will be having a belated Easter celebration once our household is finally well so she'll just have to wear it then.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cute, good job! And fun that it was made of things from your Grandma's sewing box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is very cute! Even better that she'll get to wear it :)

    ReplyDelete