Here's our story as it unfolds one day at a time.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

War Wounds

I will spare you any pictures, they wouldn't be pretty.
As I was cleaning the kitchen this morning Elee was speeding back and forth through the different rooms in her walker. She loves the freedom to roam about wherever she pleases. Sometimes she will get her self going at a high rate of speed just to lift her feet off the ground and crash into whatever is in front of her squealing with delight. Because of this I always tell Ardon to wear his crocks when she is in the walker so he can avoid smashed toes and skinned up heals.
As I was working I turned around to throw something away and when I took a step forward Elee came darting towards me. With my bare toes exposed we ended up in a collision that popped off a quarter of my big toe nail. It was painful, Ardon could tell this by the wrenched expression on my face. After looking at me thoughtfully for a moment he states, "See mom, that's why you should wear your crocks, that way your feet don't get hurt." After saying this he goes up and rams his shoe into the walker, "See mom," he goes on to say, "it just hurt my shoe and not my foot!"
.
Ah yes, how convenient to have a talking reminder about heading my own advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment