Here's our story as it unfolds one day at a time.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Party Time

We had a great time celebrating Elee's birthday today! It was very busy but we had a wonderful time with family, food and fun birthday stuff!
.
(Please don't look too closely at the cake, I did something terrible.... In my mad rush this morning trying to decorate it I managed to misspell my daughter's name, yes, my own daughter, on her first birthday cake, and the kicker is I didn't even realize it until now when I was sorting through photos and noticed something didn't look right. I'm sorry 'Elee', I'll get it right next year, I hope!)
.
Not quite sure what to do with it but thinking it must be something special.
.
Lets try a spoon, that would seem like an appropriate tool under the circumstances.
.
Consentrating...
.
Brother couldn't stand it any longer, he had to stick his finger in and show her how it was done.
.
Now we're getting somewhere!
.
Yes! This is the life!
.

Then it was on to gifts, she received lots of new and exciting things!
.
This is the aftermath from today's events-
Leftover cake. (With no leftover misspellings!)
.
Elee's treasures.
.

And one worn out little girl!
.
Thanks to everyone who was able to come and celebrate Elee and her first year with us today!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh what a fun time! Elee's growing like a weed and even more beautiful. Loved the cake/cupcakes - great job on decorating!! Her last picture looks like she's "thinking" in her sleep - probably planning on what toy to play with first when she wakes up - ha ha See you guys in 6 days!

    Love, Netta

    ReplyDelete