Here's our story as it unfolds one day at a time.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fun Time

My poor children have been feeling somewhat neglected lately. With all the projects and home repair we have going on right now they end up entertaining themselves a lot. I had a list of things I wanted to get started on today but decided it could wait while we had some fun time for a while.
We got our big box of craft supplies out and made a huge mess.
.
.
Ardon had asked for something to make pretend food with so he could play like he was making me dinner. I remembered this post from my sister-in-laws blog and tried to scrounge up what I needed. I don't have a working sewing machine or any felt so we used foam sheets and glue. This worked well because Ardon was able to help more with creating the food.
.
I did the cutting and Ardon got busy gluing.
.
Now we have quite and assortment, a pile of peas, bacon, chicken, fries, carrots, broccoli, eggs, tomato and spaghetti.
.
Then we decided to stop for a real snack, pumpkin custard, yum! It is September after all!
.
After our snack we broke out the face paint.
.
She had to have something to be just like brother.
.
He asked for a blue sword and wanted Elee to have a red Elmo but I thought a heart would be simpler and quicker.
.
We colored some.
.
He made spiders and spider webs.
.
So much activity for such a little girl. My mom stopped by for a little visit and shared some M&M's with the kids but it had no effect on her ability to fall asleep.

3 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin custard looks awesome!!! You should post the recipe, or at least send it to me. lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkin custard could also be called lazy pumpkin pie. I just Follow the directions on the side of the canned pumpkin (double the cinnamon) and bake it with no crust. Shaves a little time off cook and prep that way and the filling is the best part anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the instructions for pumpkin custard. I am going to ask my mama to make some. She loves all the crafts you do with your kiddos and can't wait to steal some of your ideas when Sis gets older.

    ReplyDelete