Here's our story as it unfolds one day at a time.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

One of Those Days

Ever have one of those days? You know, the kind where nothing seems to quite work out right. I've had a huge to-do list today and somehow I keep making it longer, unintentionally of coarse. I had several errands to run, with my kids in tow like usual; laundromat, grocery shopping, oil change. Before leaving I was trying to freshen up the house a bit. I quickly grabbed a bottle of fabric/air freshener (so I thought) and ran through mine and Bronze's room spraying it on everything in site. I coated my curtains, bedspread, the cloths in the hamper and whatever was hanging in the closet, enjoying the great smell that was covering everything. As I was walking out of the room I glanced down at the can in my hand,
this is what I saw-
I know, why hadn't I looked at the can closer before I started wildly spraying everything? Who knows, I was in a hurry and obviously absent minded.
I suddenly panicked, this stuff with the words 'kill' and 'destroy' on the front of it had just coated my 'imitation' suede bedspread, and so many other things like my husbands cloths, not to mention his favorite polo shirt! How was I going to explain that one?! I yanked the bedspread up, and gathered all the cloths that were still damp with spray. I quickly stuffed what would fit into the washer and made a mad dash to the laundry mat with the rest. (Hence the trip to the laundry mat) From what I can tell everything has survived my reckless attempt at 'freshening'.
All I can say now is read first, spray later, and avoid a lot of extra laundry!

1 comment:

  1. At least you won't have to worry about mold or 99.9% of germs! Everybody has days like that and they make for great stories and blogs later on:-)

    ReplyDelete