Here's our story as it unfolds one day at a time.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

'Re-Carding'

It seems like we always have left over birthday cards that we've received and saved. I decided that rather than let them continue to pile up I'd start using them to make new semi-homemade cards to give out. I did a couple the other day and another one this morning for a party this afternoon.
.

I got my foam letters out and picked colors to go with my wrapping paper.
.

Then I picked out a card and envelope.
.

Cut out the part I wanted to use and added some ribbon and a name.
.

Then I cut out and glued a piece of the envelope to the back so I could have a place to write.
.

With a sticky foam heart to hold it in place it's ready to go!
I really enjoy crafting and don't get much time for it but this is a simple, easy and great way to use up old cards while putting a personal touch on a new one!

2 comments:

  1. it was cute, you did a good job...and 're-carding' is a good idea. thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete