Here's our story as it unfolds one day at a time.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Where Are You?

I decided to get cleaned up earlier. I barricaded Elee in her spot on the family room floor, told Ardon to keep an eye on her and hopped in the shower. After a little bit I could hear Elee hollering discontentedly, she was ready to move on to something else and wondered where everyone was. I called to Ardon and heard a muffled response. Hmm, I thought, wonder what that means. Then I asked if he was ok, his response was a simple yet muffled yes. A few minutes later I hear "Mom, help!" I told him I was coming, finished up and came out looking for him. No Ardon anywhere. I walk back towards the bathroom and ask where he is. Still muffled I hear him say "In my toy box!"
.
I walk in his room to see this-
.

So being the responsible mother I am, I told him to hang on a minute and went to grab my camera.
.
When I asked what happened he told me,
"I was leaning in looking for a toy and my leg was out like this and the lid went bam and shut on my leg and I pulled my leg in and turned around to get out and the lid was stuck!"
And stuck it was. Part of the plastic on the toy box was bent and the lid would not open past it. Judging by the sounds from while I was getting cleaned up, he must have been in there for a while.
Fortunately he was not too upset by the incident but simply requested that we leave the lid off of his toy box!

No comments:

Post a Comment