Here's our story as it unfolds one day at a time.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Making Old Things New

I have this 'generational', I guess you could call it, chest of drawers that I have been wanting to use for Ardon's room. It was something my great grandmother got for my mom and painted to match the rest of her furniture. I also used it when I was younger. It's not an expensive piece of furniture and has had some wear and tear over the years. Because of this I decided to freshen it up with a new coat of paint, which also made it
'boy friendly'.
.

.
It was this white and gold with decorative pulls.
.
We went to Walmart and looked in the discounted section where they have the paint that didn't turn out quite right for someone else.
.

.
I let him pick between a few colors and this is what he chose.
.

.
He's been asking to help paint for the last couple days so I finally obliged and let him work on one of the drawers.
.

.
All finished and ready for cloths.
Now we just need to get some neat pulls to decorate it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment