Here's our story as it unfolds one day at a time.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Random Saturday Stuff

Even though the weather was beautiful out today we started a fire this evening. Our furnace went out last night and we woke up to a pretty chilly house today so to keep the temperature up a little higher we thought it would be a good idea to get one going as well as dragging out a few space heaters.
 
 
Eliad was laying down for his nap this afternoon, he was hollering and just making lots of noise so I finally went in and told him to lay quietly. He did for about 45 minutes then we heard him talking again. Bronze walked into the hallway and said it sounded like Eliad was saying his bed was broken. He went into the bedroom to check and the next thing I heard was,
"oh my goodness Eliad, what happened?"
 
I walked in to find out what was going on and see the crib in pieces.
 
 
Needless to say Eliad is sleeping in a different bed tonight. 
 
 
Since the weather was so nice today I sent the kids out to play for a while this afternoon. I was in the kitchen doing some work when Elee came running excitedly to the back door. She leaned in and said, "a grandpa is out on the other side of the fence!" I repeated what she said and she replied, " yes and he's talking to us." I said, "is it your grandpa?" in an unusual tone she responded with a yes, I said, "is it my dad?" She gave me a funny look and said, "Who is your dad?" I got a little concerned at that point as she has had random moments where she's been lacking in shyness to strangers so I told her I was going to come on out. As I get over to the fence and see the car stopped there, I also notice a neighbor lady had stopped in her vehicle to make sure that my kids were all right and was staying right behind the other person. It was so nice of her to be proactive and watch out for my kids. She had even written down the guys tag number on her finger in case something had happened. Fortunately "a grandpa" that had stopped was actually my dad who, when he noticed the neighbor watching him, sent Elee to get me because he had a feeling which direction things were headed. We all had a good laugh about it after and I got to meet another neighbor from further down the street!
 
So that was our excitement for the weekend, and it's not even over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment