Here's our story as it unfolds one day at a time.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Pictures (a non-picture post)

I know the picture quality in my recent posts hasn't been great. Unfortunately I can't use my camera at the moment since it is out of memory and we aren't erasing the pictures yet. We have had 2 major crisis events in the last several months resulting in the loss of virtually all the photos we have ever taken of our family.
The first was when my computer fell off of a chair, the hard drive was damaged in such a way that we weren't able to recover any of the photos saved to it. We were of course devastated.
The second happened just a couple weeks ago while we were having a birthday party in our home and Bronze's laptop was stolen.
He had just transferred the pictures from the memory card so that we could use it for birthday purposes. We had planned on getting an external memory to transfer everything to but didn't even have the chance. Again we were left devastated, not only from the loss of a computer that had information pertaining to accounts and credit cards but work that Bronze had spent the last 2 years on, and the most priceless of all, photos of our kids that we can never get back.
Other than what's been blogged (thankfully we have that) we have lost basically everything. Hundreds if not thousands of photos. Ardon's birth and first years, Elee's birth and even Eliad's birth photos. Not to mention Bronze and I's first years together.
I get emotional just thinking about it and have to be careful to not be overcome with sadness. We are obviously hurt and disappointed and don't understand why.
I don't mean to dump our sob story on you but thought maybe that way you'd understand why my blogging has been slow at times lately and why my pictures seem a little blurry now ; - )

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry! We lost pictures once that included Jacob's first two years. I remember how hard it was.

    ReplyDelete