Here's our story as it unfolds one day at a time.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sno-Cream

I am tired of the snow.
.
I'm not really a snow person and I don't like the fact that it keeps me stuck in my house when I need to run to the store for milk. I don't like having dried, salty snow spots all over my wood floors. And I really don't like that my husband has to drive a semi, starting at 3am, a better part of the way to Colorado in the snow. Not to mention that he gets out to tromp around in the snow every little bit hauling thousands of pounds of deliveries up and down a ramp. Then he comes home, usually after at least 16 hours, cold, wet and hardly able to move. Not to mention he's developed a respiratory infection that he's having to work through.
As beautiful as the snowy landscape seems, I cringe every time I look out side and think about my poor husband. I am so thankful for this man that is not only willing, but capable of putting in such hard work and long hours to support our family!
.
That being said, there is one up side to mounds of snow, sno-cream. Let me show you.
.

First comes collecting the snow.
.
Mix up a little milk and sugar.
.
Then ad some vanilla.
.
Mix,
.
and serve.
.
This is Ardon's first time for sno-cream, wonder what he'll think.
.
It's a hit, now he'll never be content to eat plain snow again!
.
Elee wasn't feeling quite sure about eating discolored snow.
.
So she decided to stick with chips.
.
I remember my mom making this for Jason and I when we were young. Some people might think, ewe, I can't believe you actually let/encourage your kids eat snow! As strange as it may seem, if you knew what you ate at most restaurants you would probably never eat out again! Trust me, my husband has been in the back of many 'reputable' restaurants and there are all sorts of things involved with the food you wouldn't believe! So from my perspective and knowledge of much food prep that goes on, I believe snow, especially in these quantities, to be fairly clean and harmless!

1 comment:

  1. funny you post about this--we did that last week for the first time! we loved it. my dad asked if i thought it was clean. my response? well, they've had worse in their mouths! =P

    i definitely relate with you about the weather and our poor husbands. i hate it but am so thankful! now, come on, spring!

    ReplyDelete