Here's our story as it unfolds one day at a time.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Drifts

So how big are your drifts?
This is my small one, I'll try to show you the big one later!
.

I actually had to venture out into this stuff today and drug my poor children with me. It was crazy and once I got out I wondered what in the world I was doing. It was for a valid reason though, I had a doctor appointment and it was one of those that if you don't make it they might not be able to get you back in within the month. It was a cold scary adventure, my children thought it was great. They hollered and cheered as we tried multiple times to get back into our driveway and then clapped when we succeeded.
Poor Bronze didn't have as much luck as we did, he got stuck 3 times. He would pull up somewhere and unload his trailer then wouldn't have enough weight to get back out. The blessing though was he was seen shoveling and one time another truck offered to help pull him out. The second time some guys with a bobcat saw him and offered to dig him out. He had to work over 13 hours in the nasty weather and now they are mandating all drivers work Saturday to catch up on deliveries. At least he did make it home last night, and in one piece with no accidents. He was pretty stiff and sore and it took a while for him to thaw out but at least he'll get to recuperate today.

No comments:

Post a Comment