Here's our story as it unfolds one day at a time.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

It's Official

The first day of school that is!

The kids were so excited to get started!

Ok, maybe excited isn't the correct word but they were at least willing and I think it came as kind of a surprise that real book work was being done today so they were too shocked to complain! Yep, that's how I roll!

 

The day started off well and we just did lighter introductory work so it wouldn't be stressful. 

To say I've been anxious about this school year would be accurate. I've felt like kindergarten, for us anyway, is such a crucial time educationally. That is when we get so many basic concepts down and the curriculum I use has them reading quite a bit by the end of the year. It was a lot of work with Ardon but I've know it would be a lot of work in many different ways with Elee. She's my dreamer and usually the child that would rather live in a pretend world by herself than play in reality with her brothers. She is VERY sensory in everything and gets overwhelmed easily. That being said, we will take the year in stride, adapting what we can and working our way through the rest. Educating at home is definitely an adventure and with 2 full time students (plus my 2 extra's) I'm sure it will be much busier from here on out. That being said, today was a good day and I look forward to many more of them down the road!

To top off our first day back to the books,

Bronze was home.

His work schedule has been very different lately, to say the least! So he got to be around for our kick off to the new year. He and Eliad sat together and did some bible stories while I worked with the bigger kids at the table and Weston napped.

I had originally planned our school starting schedule to be a little different than how it actually ended up. The youngest 2 kids are having some major dental work done next week so instead of putting everything off an extra couple of weeks I am just splitting our first full week over this week and next. That's what homeschooling is all about right? And as hard as it is for me in this respect, I'm trying to just relax and go with the flow!

1 comment: