Here's our story as it unfolds one day at a time.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Traditional Fare

I had decided a week ago that we would try a traditional meal as part of our St. Patrick's day festivities. It was a fun and tasty way to celebrate.

Corned beef and cabbage. It was so simple I wondered why I hadn't made it before.
We even ate
it on my green plates!
We also had to throw in some non traditional treats as well, green sugar cookies with green icing, yum!
As I was working around the kitchen yesterday morning to get breakfast ready I told the kids that we would find their green cloths to wear after they ate since it was St. Patrick's day. Ardon looked at me and said, shouldn't we wear pink since that's the color of 'Patrick'. After a moment of confusion I realized we had SpongeBob to thank for the misunderstanding and we had a short history lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment